The 2016 Tax Season officially begins on January 19. I will officially begin working with clients on Friday, January 22nd. You may start sending your documents over at any time.
In Addition To Your Normal Documents, Please Make Sure You Send:
The attached questionnaire.
- Click here to download 2015 Client Tax Questionnaire
Proof of medical insurance: You should receive one of the following tax forms showing proof of medical insurance coverage for every month in 2015 for you and each of your dependents. Please make sure to send them to me.
- Form 1095-A – for individuals who purchase insurance coverage through the exchange.
- Form 1095-B – if you have an individual policy purchased directly from an insurance company or that is provided through your employer.
- Form 1095-C – if you have an insurance policy purchased through your employer, and the employers is considered to be an Applicable Large Employer.
If you’re a Small business owner (including landlords) – Form 1099-misc and form 1096
- If you paid any individual or non-incorporated business more than $600 during 2015, Federal law requires you to report those payments and to give the recipient a form 1099-misc showing their income by January 31, 2016. Please let me know if you need help with this.
IF you plan to take the EDUCATION CREDIT for you or your dependent’s HIGHER EDUCATION expenses please make sure you send
- Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement) received from the educational institution
- A copy of the statement of account showing all the expenses charged and payments made to the school.
Proof of Dependency
If you’re planning to claim any of the following individuals as your 2015 dependent, please let me know so I can send you the appropriate form to complete. The form is needed to determine whether or not you have the legal right to claim the individual as your dependent.
- An individual who is 18 and over and no longer attending high school
- An individual who is NOT your biological or legally adopted son or daughter
- An individual who is under the age of 18 and earned income of $6300+ OR who $1050+ in interest/dividend/stock income
Getting Your Documents To Me, Drop-Offs and Appointments
As has been our usual process for the past 4 years, here are the options for getting your documents to me:
Drop-Off / Pick-Up Days – this is for drop-offs and quick conversations. – PLEASE CONFIRM 48 hours prior to meeting date. If no one confirms for a particular day, I will cancel the session.
- EAST BAY AREA — Tuesday, February 9th and March 1st from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at Panera Bread, 24133 Southland Dr, Hayward, CA
- EAST CONTRA COSTA COUNTY – Saturday, February 13th and March 12th from 9:30am – 11:30:am at Panera Bread, 5897 Lone Tree Way, Antioch, CA
- I will make arrangements to pick-up taxes from my senior customers (you know who you are)
Other options for getting your paperwork to me without having a face-to-face meeting include:
- fax to 510-868-2928 or email
- mail to: 1852 W. 11th Street #586, Tracy CA 95376 (Mail COPIES only please)
- Link to a secure document upload feature called IntuitLink. If you’d like to give this a try let me know I will send you an online invitation.
Face-to-face tax preparation and consultation meetings take place at my home office in Tracy, CA or virtually via Skype. Appointment hours are:
- Tuesdays & Fridays after 5pm (except on drop-off days which are 2/9, 2/13, 3/1 and 3/12)
- Saturdays 9am to 12pm
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or if you’ve chosen to work with a different tax preparer this year.
Thank you for your continued business.
God’s blessing to you!
Michelle Walker-Wade, CRTP since 2003