Hello clients. Please take 20 minutes to watch and read this webinar.  So much has changed in 2011. This webinar is designed to give you up-to-date information about changes to my tax services and fees starting this tax filing season.

2011 was another volatile year in our personal lives, economy, and government, so naturally all of this has an effect on your tax filing. There are several changes I’d like to tell you now so you can make a decision about what is best for you.

Webinar Video Part 1 of 2


Something Everyone Needs To Know

I’ve moved to Tracy, CA and have had a few other changes that affect the flexibility of my schedule.

Here are some options for getting your paperwork to me without having a face-to-face visit:

  • fax, email, or U.S. Mail – Please contact me for details

Here are some options for face-to-face appointments

Face-to-Face Appointments in Tracy, CA during the following times:

  • Wednesdays: 9:00am – 12:00pm
  • Fridays: 9:00am – 8:30pm
  • Saturdays: 10:00pm – 2:30pm

One Weekend of Appointments in Castro Valley, CA (February 23-24th) – For the convenience of my Bay Area clients I will rent a space ONE weekend in the Castro Valley area,. I will book appointments starting from Thursday at 4:00pm through Saturday at 11:00am.  These appointments must be made well in advance. I may offer addition appointments in April if there is enough demand to justify the expense.

Fees, Services, and Other Information

The IRS has increased the requirements and restrictions made on professional tax preparers. With these changes has come an increase in the expenses I must pay in order to comply with the requirements, as well as increases in the information I must obtain from tax clients.  Here is what this means for you.

My goal is NOT to increase the fees I charge my clients; therefore, I must decrease certain services I provide.  These include:

  1. Home visits – With the exception of my elder clients who do not drive, I will no longer be able to make home visits. All face-to-face appointments must be in accordance with the days/times show above.
  2. Printed documents – I will now only provide complimentary printouts of your informational letter, Form 1040 and Form 540 only; this amounts to 6 pages. You can receive a full-printout of your documents for a fee of $6.00 OR you may access your complete tax return filing via a secure downloadable link to your email for FREE.
  3. E-FILE will now be FREE to you, but mail-in filings will cost the $6.00 fee indicated above.
  4. Shipping – If you would like me to mail your documents to you, this service will be provided using USPS Priority Mail Flat rate with delivery confirmation for fee of $5.50.
  5. Filing Without Receiving Advance Payment – Please be prepared to pay your tax preparation fees at the time the work is completed. You may pay via cash, check, or credit card. I will accept post-dated checks for up to two weeks from the date of service.

Webinar Video Part 2 of 2

An Increase in Information I Must Collect, Confirm and Report

For People Who Claim Someone Who is Over the Age of 18 (or 23 if in school full-time for at least 5 months of the year) as a dependent –
You must now provide specific information detailing the dependent’s financial situation, the expenses for your household, and the expenses paid for the person you’ve supported. If this pertains to you, please contact me well in advance of your appointment time so I can give you the specific details.

For People Who Receive the Earned Income Tax Credit – You know you’ve received the Earned Income Tax Credit in the past if you: (1) Earn money from working, (2) Have an income amount that is considered “low income”, and (3) Usually receive a tax refund that is more than $2000.   If this is you, I will now ask you to complete and sign a form confirming: (a.) your legal marital status, (b) that you have the legal right to claim any children that may be on your taxes, and (c.) any income you may have received from investments. Negligence on my part could cost me penalties that I do not want to take on.

For Business Owners and Landlords
If you paid any single contractor or business more than $600 during 2011, you must file a form 1099-misc to them by January 31, 2012. Please contact me ASAP if you have questions or need help getting these forms filed.

Thank you for taking the time to read these details.  While I hope to maintain all of you as clients, I do understand if these changes make it too inconvenient to use my services. If you decide to change tax preparers or not to use my services this year, please let me know.

You may contact me via email, text, phone, or click here send me an online message.

Best regards!

~ Michelle Walker-Wade, CRTP

Leave a Reply