Sometimes, when completing forms such as those for financial assistance, you’ll be asked to provide your Adjusted Gross Income, also called your AGI.  Adjusted Gross Income is defined as gross income minus adjustments to income.  Where you’ll find it on your income tax forms depends on which form you filed.  Here’s where you should look

  • Line 4 if you filed a Form 1040EZ
  • Line 21 if you filed a Form 1040A
  • Line 37 if you filed a Form 1040

It’s pretty easy to find, but can be a mystery to figure out how it was derived.


Leave a Reply